The v1.5 release culminates a significant refactor of the Chassis codebase and results in faster build times and smaller, faster model containers.
- Container build times are now 2-5x faster, especially for models with few
- Model containers built with Chassis v1.5 are now up to 10x smaller (though a 2-4x size reductions is more typical) than those generated by previous versions
- Docker builds are now supported, so installing Chassis on a K8s cluster is no longer a requirement
- The Chassis build server has been completely refactored: It is now fully configurable via Helm charts, no longer has an object storage dependency, supports multi-platform builds (e.g.
arm64v8, etc.), and now uses considerably less CPU and RAM
- The chassisml SDK has been completely rewritten, improving usability, performance, size, and number of extra dependencies
- A convenience OMI client is now available that makes it easier to run inferences through OMI model containers
v1.4.5 release of Chassis inlcudes:
- Support for private docker registry configuration
- Removal of automatic model deployment to Modzy
v1.0.0 release of Chassis includes:
- GPU support
- Batch processing support
- Arm64 compatibility
- Open Model Interface compliance check
First working release of Chassis.